Your ongoing training and professional development are crucial to us. When you join Kinnear & Co., one of the previous years recruits will be assigned as your “buddy” who will show you the key basic facts about the firm, our operations, our systems, our software, and our people.
We are committed to education and training and place great emphasis on the importance of passing on the experience gained by you to the newer recruits! This ensures that everyone has the support and encouragement of more experienced professionals at every stage of their career.
Later in the course of your training with us, you can attend specific technical courses to equip you with the skills needed to progress your career development.
The most important element of training and development is “on the job” training i.e. learning by experience. To maximise your learning experience, Kinnear & Co. will:
- Give you a good variety of work.
- Ensure you get all the help you need (especially in the early stages of your training) to perform your work.
- Ensure that, virtually from the beginning, you are involved in all stages of an assignment, so you won’t be just a “small cog in a large wheel.”
- Provide regular feedback and support to ensure that you achieve your optimum potential.
- Progressively increase your area of responsibility.
By the end of your first year (more likely sooner) you can expect to have handled all aspects of accounting and taxation on a number of specific assignments, and be ready to move on with confidence to audit, corporate, and more responsible work.